Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rocco's Pizza & Grill

Mary and I like to support independent businesses, and especially independent restaurants. We don't habitually patronize the underdog...we're just accustomed to liking independent places a lot more than chains.

One of the bigger complaints we have about the Hartford area is that it's the kind of place where the chains really dominate, and independent businesses struggle to get enough business to survive and keep up, and usually they don't keep up.

So if we find independent restaurants that we like, we'll mention them to people. My Google maps will eventually be filled with places we like to go, and with my new SD750 around, hopefully I'll be able to snap a photo or two while I'm there.



We've been wanting to try Rocco's since they opened, and last weekend Mary suggested it, so we stopped in for lunch. They're starting off with a limited menu (it's not so bad), which makes sense. I want fresh food, even without as many choices, and they don't want to see food spoiling while they're trying to build a customer base.



We like booths when we can get them, and that's what Rocco's had for us. Nice lighting too. That's a kitchen in the back.



I got a tuna grinder, and it was really good...enormous. I now know just where to go when I'm really starving. Mary got the last few bites of this one. Normally I'm finishing her meal for her.



I can see us returning sometime soon for a pint or two if we want to get out of the house and watch the game one of these nights.

No comments: